Whether you are running a business or managing a budget, you need to be able to predict how much something will cost.
Our attorneys offer a variety of fee structures to accommodate our clients:
- flat fees (available for specific areas listed below)
- hourly fees (available for all work)
- contingency fees (typically available for large cases with significant damages)
A hybrid fee arrangement may also be available. This is merely a combination of the other fee types.
Flat fees, sometimes called fixed fees, are a specific dollar amount for a specific task.
Although flat flees are not possible in every situation, for many routine legal matters where the amount of attorney time required is known in advance, there is no reason why attorneys cannot provide a fixed fee to clients. We believe that clients deserve to know how much something will cost before the work is begun. Here are some examples:
- New Business – Form a corporation or LLC
- Contract Drafting – Draft a standard business contract
- Contract Analysis – Analyze a contract (under 15 pages) and discuss legal rights and options
- Estate Planning – Draft a Will
- Nonprofit Organization – Form a Nonprofit Organization
- Trademark Registration – Register a Federal Trademark
- Attorney Meeting – Meet with an attorney for any purpose for one (1) hour
- Other Services – This is not a complete list. Please call for a quote.
We are happy to provide a customized quote for your specific legal matter. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to ascertain the costs involved with your legal problem.
Hourly fees are paid based on the time an attorney spends working for a client. Hourly fees are typical for most law firms. An attorney’s hourly rate is usually based on the attorney’s experience and reputation. When our attorneys work on an hourly fee, they provide their clients with an estimate of the costs ahead of time, so clients know what they can expect.
Our rates are approximately one-half the rates of our peers at large firms for most client matters. We can provide our clients with lower rates and maximize value for our clients because
- we leveraged technology and
- we eliminated the high overhead, inexperienced attorneys, and pyramid business model existing in many large law firms.
Contingency fees mean that the client doesn’t pay attorney’s fees unless the attorney recovers money for the client.
Contingency fees can be unfair for clients. However, contingency fees are sometimes necessary. For certain cases, such as personal injury accidents, contingency fees are the preferred option because clients generally cannot afford hourly fees. If you have a legal matter and want legal help on a contingency basis, you are welcome to contact our office for a case assessment.
Find Out More
If you are wondering how much legal fees will cost for your particular legal matter, we are happy to provide you with an estimate.
Please note that sometimes we cannot accurately estimate a cost without at least spending time analyzing the details of your circumstances. Like doctors charging for an examination, our attorneys generally charge to examine legal issues and explain to our clients their legal rights and options.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about fee options for your legal issue, we invite you to contact us.