Whether you are running a business or managing a family budget, you need to be able to predict how much something will cost.
Our attorneys offer a variety of alternative fee structures to accommodate our clients:
- flat fees (available for specific areas listed below)
- hourly fees (available for all work)
- contingency fees (typically available for large cases with significant damages)
A hybrid fee arrangement may also be available. This is merely a combination of the other fee types.
Flat fees, sometimes called fixed fees, are a specific dollar amount for a specific task.
Although flat flees are not possible in every situation, for many routine legal matters there is no reason why attorneys cannot provide a fixed fee to clients before the work is done. We believe that clients deserve to know how much something will cost before the work is begun. For this reason, we have put together the following schedule of fixed fees.
- New Business - Form a corporation or LLC with one owner: $450 (plus $145 state filing fee). Add multiple owners and a buy-sell agreement: add $1,000.
- Contract Drafting - Draft a standard business contract: $500 (some complex agreements are more)
- Contract Analysis - Analyze a contract (under 15 pages) and discuss legal rights and options: $290
- Estate Planning - Draft a Will: $450
- Nonprofit Organization - Form a Nonprofit Organization: $800 (state filing fee included)
- Trademark Registration - Register a Federal Trademark: $1,000. Do additional marks/classes: $500 each.
- Attorney Meeting - Meet with an attorney for any purpose for one (1) hour: $290
- Other Services - This is not a complete list. Please call for a quote.
This is a fee schedule for some of our more popular legal services, but we are happy to provide a customized quote for your specific legal matter. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to ascertain the costs involved with your legal problem.
Hourly fees are paid based on the time an attorney spends working for a client.
Hourly fees are typical for most law firms. An attorney’s hourly rate is usually based on the attorney’s experience and reputation. When our attorneys work on an hourly fee, they provide their clients with an estimate of the costs ahead of time, so clients know what they can expect.
Contingency fees mean that the client doesn’t pay attorney’s fees unless the attorney recovers money for the client.
Contingency fees can be unfair for clients. However, contingency fees are sometimes necessary. For certain cases, such as personal injury accidents, contingency fees are the preferred option because clients generally cannot afford hourly fees. If you have a legal matter and want legal help on a contingency basis, you are welcome to contact our office for a case assessment.
Find Out More
If you are wondering how much legal fees will cost for your particular legal matter, we are happy to provide you with an estimate.
Please note that sometimes we cannot accurately estimate a cost without at least spending time analyzing the details of your circumstances. Like doctors charging for an examination, our attorneys generally charge to examine your legal issues and explain your legal rights and options at the end of that initial meeting.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about fee options for your legal issue, we invite you to call us.